Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Secret Christmas House


Lest you think I have given up miniatures -- other than writing about them -- I thought I would show you a few photos of my almost-finished Robin Betterley Secret Christmas House.  I realize Christmas was 3 months ago but I didn't have much time to work on this during the winter.

First, a few disclaimers.  I am not a kit person.  Nor am I skilled at making anything smaller than 1:12 scale.  But this project is so adorable that I knew I had to try it--urged on by my friend Kris, who can make anything!

I found the instructions to be absolutely crystal clear and there were plenty of photos, which helped me immensely.  So kudos to Robin and Shawn--I suspect this is the reason why their kits are so very popular.

So here is the house closed.


And here it is with the "secret" rooms open.


Here's a close up so you can see the adorable wallpaper that comes with the kit.


And here's the other side--I just love the Library!


I've finished making the table upon which the house is intended to sit....but early on, when I was not keeping every single scrap of wood and paper, I lost two of the front steps.  So I can't put the house on the table until (hopefully) they send me replacements.

Now I have to tackle the furniture kits so I can furnish this delightful little house!  It will feature prominently in my holiday decorations next year!


9 comments:

  1. It's lovely, Sophia! You did a wonderful job :-)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wonderful work, I love it!
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Es una casa navideña maravillosa,me encanta la decoración!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way it opens. Very clever and a very sweet house =0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's adorable and not what I expected,..very cute :)

    Hugs
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful! They do gorgeous kits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How delightful! It's a real masterpiece.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a great kit! I like the glitter on the roof and the snow and icles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This little house is worth falling head over heels for! Your finishes on it are wonderful and the end results are enviable! You must be very happy with it too! :))

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete