There were 12 of us in the class, mostly experienced mini people who had taken WB classes before. It was a great group--no prima donnas, no divas, and no whiners (except me when I had to cut crown molding).
The first day we started out wallpapering the walls. These are mine drying on the floor. I brought my own, as is my practice. I never put enough glue on anything but it turns out I put too much on a couple of these and had to ease it out with a credit card.
While the walls were drying Ray demonstrated how to put the refrigerator together. He had kindly built a box for each of us. But as no good deed goes unpunished, it immediately became obvious that I had to take mine apart since I am having a fridge made by ELF Miniatures. What I needed was just the housing for the fridge to slip into.
Then we started making the cabinets. I had bought a fancy new metal gluing jig since my wooden one has never been that good. Unfortunately, I should have bought different magnets like the ones this smart person had because my cabinets didn't stay square and I had to take more than one apart. This is where not using enough glue comes in handy.
Here are some of my my cabinets made up.
The next step was putting on the handles. Ray handed out a template so we knew where to put them. We punched the holes with metal push pins.
Believe it or not, the handles are made of staples and beads and are the perfect scale.
More to come...